What not to do when you have guests at home: signs and superstitions
In many cultures and traditions, guests are an important part of life. Hosting guests is a big responsibility, and some people believe in various superstitions and omens associated with this process. Here are some examples of such superstitions and signs.
Read also: What to do if you spill salt and what it means
- Don't let a guest go if they forget something important. In some cultures, it is believed that if a guest forgets something important, such as keys or money, they should come back and get it. If you let your guest go without waiting for them to pick up their things, they may return at an even more unusual time.
- Never sit on the edge of the table when hosting guests. In many cultures, sitting on the edge of the table when hosting is considered an unlucky sign. Instead, the host should sit in the center of the table to show his hospitality and respect for his guests.
- Don't leave the house before the guests have finished eating. It is considered rude in many cultures to leave the house before the guests have finished eating. This can cause dissatisfaction and offend the guests.
- Don't offer guests treats you don't like. Some cultures believe that if you offer guests treats you don't like, they can bring bad luck to the house. Therefore, you should make sure that the treats you offer are pleasant for you and your guests.
- Do not bring empty dishes from the balcony. It is believed in some cultures that if you bring empty dishes from the balcony, it can bring bad luck to the house. This superstition is related to the fact that once upon a time in the Middle East, empty vessels on balconies were used to collect water during rain. Therefore, if you bring empty dishes from the balcony, it may be associated with misfortune and bad luck.
- Don't send guests out if there's a storm outside. Many cultures believe that if there's a storm outside, you shouldn't see guests out, as it can lead to bad luck. Instead, it is better to wait until the storm calms down.
Earlier, we wrote about why you shouldn't give flowers in a pot.
If you want to receive the latest news about the war and events in Ukraine, subscribe to our Telegram channel!