If you're having trouble waking up in the morning and your alarm playing every 5 minutes isn't helping anymore, it could be a sign that you're not getting enough quality sleep.
Read also: 5 useful apps to improve your sleep
If these tips don't help you improve your sleep quality and feelings of morning vitality, you should consider consulting a doctor, according to Healthline.
To make your mornings easier and feel more refreshed and well-rested, here are some tips:
- Establish a regular sleep schedule: Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Figure out how many hours of sleep you need. 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night is usually recommended.
- Improve your sleep patterns: Make certain changes in your life that can improve your sleep quality. For example, avoid using your smartphone before bed, and relax before bed by reading a book or taking a warm bath instead.
- Avoid factors that interfere with sleep: Apply some principles to avoid factors that can disrupt your circadian rhythm and cause insomnia. For example, don't use your laptop or smartphone before bed, avoid drinking caffeinated beverages right before bed, don't spend a lot of time in bed during the day, and refrain from drinking alcohol before bed.
- Move the alarm clock away from the bed: Constantly rearranging your alarm clock and falling asleep after it can lead to sleep fragmentation, which increases daytime sleepiness and weakness. Try moving your alarm away from your bed, so you have to get up to turn it off.
- Eat a healthy diet: A balanced diet helps boost energy and improve sleep. Avoid foods that can lead to fatigue. Enrich your diet with fruits, vegetables, and foods high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Get some exercise: Exercise has been shown to improve sleep quality and energy levels. Regular exercise can improve sleep quality and reduce fatigue.
- Take advantage of daylight: Daylight regulates circadian rhythms and improves sleep quality. Try opening the blinds if possible, or sleeping with the blinds open to let the sun help you wake up fresh and energized.
Attention: This content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. For medication, diagnoses, and other medical advice, please consult your doctor.
Sleep experts also told us what makes a person wake up at night.
If you want to get the latest news about the war and events in Ukraine, subscribe to our Telegram channel!